Life at SoilEssentials
SoilEssentials are a dynamic and award-winning company who continue to grow and regularly post job vacancies for all areas of the business, looking for new talent to join us.
It is worth remembering we are based in the Angus countryside on a farm and it is therefore crucial to have your own transport. It is also a good idea if you like dogs – as there are one or two that come to work on occasion too!
Life at SoilEssentials is fairly relaxed – in the sense that we don’t micro manage people. There is a high expectation that the skills and abilities a person is employed for include a positive and professional work ethic, a can-do attitude and a natural flair of going that extra mile.
If you like the sound of who we are at SoilEssentials and looking for new horizons, then we’d love to hear from you – current positions are listed below.
Join us on social media too for all the latest job vacancies and latest news from SoilEssentials.
GIS Technician - Full-time
We are looking for an experienced GIS Technician to join our precision agriculture team.
You will work alongside the software development and agronomy teams on projects involving precision agriculture for a range of agricultural stakeholders. You should be an enthusiastic, deadline-driven, problem solving individual, who is an excellent team player with an ability and passion to learn new concepts and apply new technologies. Ideally, you will be educated to degree level in a relevant subject or on route to achieve this goal.
You will be working within a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and be a team player with a flexible, positive and professional attitude. A knowledge and understanding of the agriculture industry would be advantageous.
Own transport is essential as our offices are in a rural location.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your current cv to: email@example.com with a covering letter.
Closing date is Friday 8 June 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Lead, the duties and responsibilities of the GIS Technician include:
- Capture a range of GIS data and complete detailed analysis, using various software platforms
- Working with the development team to develop, test, deploy and maintain web-based precision agricultural applications built on Microsoft technologies
- Design, develop, test and deploy GIS models and tools in accordance with established standards
- Analyse and resolve technical and application problems and providing to support to business users
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of technical requirements
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time
- Have a relevant University degree or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Experienced practitioner in the capture, storage, manipulation and analyse of spatial or geographical data
- Demonstrated professionalism in the preparation and presentation of associated reporting requirements.
- Expertise in use of open source GIS software, including QGIS
- Practical knowledge of interactive web-based GIS technologies
- Ability to provide critical input to support delivery of projects with tight deadlines and budgets, alongside a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to clearly support, discuss and explain GIS tools and concepts to customers
- Experience of handling data exchange and workflows, using GDAL and Geoserver
- Knowledge and experience of GIS Opendata OGC standards
- Experience of handling, querying and manipulating large raster datasets
Featured Case Study
Dave Robertson, Stackpole FarmsFind out more
New Trimble GFX-750 display
Now available!Find out more
Looking for some new kit? The latest GFX-750 Trimble guidance display and NAV-900 guidance controller builds on a legacy of high-performing, brand-neutral solutions by becoming even easier to use. Talk to us about the display best suited to your needs (Northern UK area) - call 01356 650459.